Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Square-head Tension Rods for Vintage Sonor

I recently found a 70s Sonor teardrop kit that uses 1/4" diameter slotted tension rods, and I'd like to replace them with with square-headed ones. I found a German company selling some here, but would like to know if there are any other options before I spend a fortune on shipping.

Posted on 3 years ago

There was a Japanese brand many years ago (a subdivision of Pearl, I believe) which made drums with compatible tension rods which I had to cut down to the necessary lengths to fit Sonor drums. Today these are extremely rare finds.

Another option: Zickos acrylic drums (the original vintage series) were also made with 1/4-20" square head rods. On ebay these are rare but occasionally appear on sale for auction. It's conceivable to buy one or more Zickos toms that appear sometimes on ebay that have enough rods to complete your search for the same or less costs than purchasing the custom rods from St Drums, but that would require patience and luck.

St Drums is a quality company and reliable should you choose to just go ahead and pay the overseas shipping.

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here