Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Speed King Rebuild/restoration Others too

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Hi, y'all! Before life took its twists and turns, I enjoyed rebuilding Speed Kings for people. "Fultonized," one guy said.... in a nice way.

After some job changes I had less and less time, so I needed WAY too long to rebuild them -- so I stopped.

But now officially retired, I'd like to start up in a low key way.

It's a time intensive job, but I learned a few tip n' tricks -- and found the tools.

Any one have a trusty rusty Speed Kind in need of resurrection?? Happy to do others, too. Once I rebuilt a Gretsch so it would fit the house kit at Yoshi's Tokyo. Crazy.

Typically runs 100 bucks, depending. If I add up the time, it's 5 - 8 bucks/hours. Not unreasonable.

Anyway -- get in touch if I could assist![/FONT]

Posted on 7 years ago

Dude! It's good to see you back. The Speed King pedals I had you refurbish for me are -still- in tip-top, silent working condition. I have one on the kit I play every day.

Highly recommended to anyone wishing their Speed Kings to be brought back to life and better than before. No BS It's worth every penny to have it done to your favorite pedal. The man does EXCELLENT work.

Good to have you back in the forum buddy. Congrats on your retirement. Enjoy your time...

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 7 years ago

John-- glad the SK is still going strong! On a daily kit, too. Super.

Thank you for your endorsement, too. It's been years!

Posted on 7 years ago

Oh you don't have to thank me man. I just figured there'd be a lot of new guys who don't know you and I wanted to put a word in for you. Good to see you back on here. I hope you get a few jobs out of it. I LOVE the job you did on my Speed King. I don't know how you do it, but the sucker works better than when it came from the factory. That's no lie. I'm not sure how long it's been, but the pedal still operates smooth as silk and completely silent, not a squeak or a peep out of it after all this time.

Glad you're back bro...

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 7 years ago

Hey Bill welcome back! The one I got from you ended up going to a friend. His Pearl pedal broke so I loaned him this one. He loved it so it's now his. :)

Funny thing after some 42 years I got back the very first Speed King I had a few months ago. I'll send you a note once I clear my plate a bit. All the best!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here