Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Sonor/Olympic/something else?

I've got the possibility to buy this drumset. The owner says the set doesn't have logo's on it (maybe they were removed for some reason). It might be a 60ies Sonor or Premier Olympic, he says. Anybody has an idea?

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Well the one thing I can guarntee about sonor is no american basic drum key will fit the tension rods. They have always used a different size and still do today.So if your normal key fits the rod....its not sonor.Juding from the over all look it may be an english stencil kit...but what throws me off is the piccolo snare.If you can take some shots of the inside of the shells. That should give a better idea depending how the wood looks.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

I don't think it is Sonor, by the look of the tom mount and the fact that there are no badges etc..

ArchxAngel is correct on the interiors, they will tell more to the story. It could be a possible re-wrap and the interiors will show the hidden secrets.

Premier also would have badges, so something is up with those drums.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi,

Its a '60s Tromsa. An old german make. Not sure about the wood, i think its birch. They are not worth much money but they sound pretty good. They normally have small badges, I would think by the looks of it and because the badges are not there it has been re-wraped.

There's a guy who made a website about these drums: http://home.arcor.de/pfaue/tromsa/tromsa.htm

Hope this helps,

Kev

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for your help, guys. Nevertheless I'm too late, the guy just mailed me he sold it to someone who decided faster. 300 euros...

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here