Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

I'm sure if I scrolled back through 100 pages in this subforum here, I might find some trinkets written about them.

I know a little about Sonor, but surely no expert. I know my drum teacher Phil Stanger was a Sonor Endorser in the 60's. He owned and played Sonor, as well as countless other drums.

Some basic facts. Built like a Tank, solid heavy, multi-ply shells, high quality build, finishes, and understand here were even some Stave Shells as a rarity.

Phil always claimed he had a solid Rosewood set, not Ply Shells.

Hardware again, seemingly over-built, but then again, anything can and will break.

My buddy right now is entertaining selling his Sonor Set, a Sonic Plus.

His other Set is the '65 Luddy New Yorker in Silver Sparkle.

I've seen the Sonor Set and played it many years ago.

He's thinking he'll have difficulty selling the set, and I know the entire set is in very nice shape.

Do these drums today still hold good value?

Posted on 2 years ago

I would say they hold the most value to the owner. They are nice kits, not vintage yet and today's drummers are looking to make drumming easier. I've had my Phonics for 40 something years and the only thing faded is the wrap and drummer. Sonic Plus will hold their own but SONOR started making drums weigh less after the 80's. My Phonics have more armor and it makes the tone deeper for playing outside. The two S-Plus kits I've seen in action had Phonic snares.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 2 years ago

I have a Sonor Champion set. Bop sizes. They are wonderful drums. They sound good tuned high or low and as stated are built to take a lot of use. They project great outdoors and record fantastic. Mine have a rosewood veneer on the exterior and they made some that also have a rosewood interior but I don’t know about solid rosewood. I doubt it. I don’t know about resale value either but they are sone of the best built drums ever with none of the hardware issues of the American brands.

Posted on 2 years ago

From Multijd

I have a Sonor Champion set. Bop sizes. They are wonderful drums. They sound good tuned high or low and as stated are built to take a lot of use. They project great outdoors and record fantastic. Mine have a rosewood veneer on the exterior and they made some that also have a rosewood interior but I don’t know about solid rosewood. I doubt it. I don’t know about resale value either but they are sone of the best built drums ever with none of the hardware issues of the American brands.

Are you sure it's Champion or Super Champion in bob size ?

I don't think I ever saw or heard of one. I know of brushed SS Super Champions but bop size is new to me with Champions. The Rosewood veneer is genuine Rosewood, the Rosewood finish is just that, finish made to look Rosewood.

Posted on 2 years ago

OK I just found them, Super Champions. There is a big difference. Champion are rounded edges.

Surprised I never noticed that part of the catalog. My FT is a 18.

Posted on 2 years ago

I had shake issues with my BD mount which is the same as yours, Do you have shake issues with the small 18 ?

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here