Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Sonor Teardrop in Red Pearl

This is my beloved vintage Sonor drum kit. The snare is a D421 made in 1965. I got the rest of the kit as a donation and I am unable to pinpoint the exact year as the date stamps are faded but I assume it must be of late 60's or very early 70's. It's got a few scratches here and there but other than that it's an amazing kit.

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

No re-rings makes it newer than those with re-rings. Maybe '69 to '72? I have a '70 kit and there is a date stamp inside. The stamp is coded, but you can get info on Sonormuseum, a forum for Sonor.

Posted on 14 years ago

Scratches or not, that is an amazing kit. I love it! Matching hardware too, just great! If you hadn't mentioned the snare was seperate I wouldn't have known. It looks identical from here. It's just fantastic when a matching kit emerges around a snare, or a lone drum isn't it? Well done

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey, thanks! glad you liked it. About the hardware I must say I have only the original hi-hat stand but I prefer to use the Ludwig one together with the Speed King pedal. And the ride stand here is a Rogers as far as i rekon. And yeah, it was an incredible coincidence to find the kit after I had previously gotten the snare.

Posted on 14 years ago

Ah the drum Gods...go figure:)

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

From wayne

Ah the drum Gods...go figure:)

Honestly, there is a force out there bigger than you or I- I saw that with how "my" Boston kit came together. Three of the freakiest coincidences ever.

I'm a custodian of these old drums. It's up to us to preserve and care for these old drums because there's new drummers being born as we speak. We were fortunate enough to have these old drums handed down to us so its our job to make sure they're there to be handed down to them!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here