Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Sonor Swinger Drumset circ. 1971

Hi there,

This is my latest entry, a Sonor Swinger drumset model K 130, in Glacier White (finish code SD). The three wooden shells were completed wrapped with an extra adhesive foil (in wooden style), which apparently kept the WMP wrap beneath safe - but it was an enormous task to unwrap it again. Especially the remaining adhesive from the back of the foil was a special job indeed and took hours and hours to remove it all again from the Glacier White wrap.

The 'Sonor' bass drum head came originally with the kit.

Ralf

1 attachments
Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 11 years ago

Of all the white wraps in the world,...that one is my favorite !i

From a distance, it looks like you just took it out of original packageing !i

Swingers useually said Swingers on the front head with rally stripes !i

You did a fantastic job !i

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

Do you have the metal or plastic lugs, they came with both options ?

Posted on 11 years ago

Very beautiful kit love the color and the hardware to boot,, Sweet !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks for your compliments - appreciated.

To be honest: I really don't know whether it's the 1973's finish called 'SD Glacier White' or the second one from the 1973's catalogue called 'VN White Lustre'. It's faded overall nice and smooth.

The lugs are the plastic ones with the two sticks on it.

Normally I'd say 'unfortunately', but I like to keep the tuning lower and so I hope not to run into difficulties. Cleaned up very nicely.

Furtheron I made a very little modification with the metal inserts in the lugs: by deburring the sharp border of them a little bit, they no longer have the chance to press with a sharp border into the plastic, when the tension screw is mounted. Hope it works (in any case it's undisturbing)!

Concerning the Sonor head: I know that normally it says The Swinger, perhaps it's a later addition? The shells had never badges (no traces around the eyelets).

The sizes are 22", 13", 16", normal heads fit with it. Shells are probably beech, more on the heavy side (in comparison to my 70's Premier with thin mahogany shells).

The hihat is a FZ1054 model (from 1990), snare stand a Z5553 from 1969 and the seat appears to be Sonor's as well (I already had these items before), but I have no clue which model, as it is not mentioned in any of the catalogues online.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 11 years ago

The Swinger badge was a foil sticker. Not attached with a gromett !i

Posted on 11 years ago

Great swinger kit Ralf i love it!. I have the same kit but mine is a project basket case that has sur-pass any merit for full resto. The swinger shells are 100%beech shells and beech wood are my favorite for drums , my basket case sonor will live aging as a hot rod type kit down the road. Congrats on your beautifull kit the swinger's were under rated drums but not by the one's that really know about them .

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here