Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Sonor Sonic Plus

What do you guys think of these German made Sonor Sonic Plus kits? I saw this one in a local drum shop. I know they're birch shells, but do they sound good, they have it for $699, is that too high? Thanks.

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

The toms are six ply, the BD is nine ply. It`s an isolation system with lugs, legs, spurs. The idea was to give thin shells and isolation. People say the spurs and FT legs are complicated, I have never seen them up close but they are quick release.

I don`t think I have ever heard anyone anywhere say anything bad about SONOR sound, They got that.

At 100 dollars a drum, grab them if it`s what you want.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 6 years ago

The BD hoops are made of a carbon fiber or poly something, if you like wood hoops or metal, you`ll have to consider that too.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 6 years ago

They are really good sounding drums for sure. The plastic bass hoops are fugly but perfectly functional. The tom mount brackets are the weak link in the otherwise well engineered hardware, but still not bad. I think $700 is a bit high. I sold a kit for $500 (with snare but without the small tom)and have seen a few others go for around that number. Sound wise, well worth it, but for investment or resale try to haggle then down a bit if you can. Still miss the snare, it had some mojo.

Stop stringing and tuning your instrument, make music now.
-fortune cookie

Vintage Drums:
1970ish Ludwig Standard Avocado Strata downbeat
1970ish Star Acrylic 22,12,13,16
1950’s Gretsch tympani 26.5
19?? Sonor roto-tympani 13x12
70’s Ludwig Standard alum 14x5 snare
90’s Arbiter Adv. Tuning 12x5 snare
90’s Ludwig blackrolite 14x5 snare

Modern Drums:
Erie Drums 1-ply sycamore shell kit 18,10,13
Erie 1-ply maple 14x5 snare