Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Sonor Snare Throwoff

I'm fixing up an old early 60's? Sonor snare I picked up a couple months ago.

The only thing it is missing is the throwoff. I'm pretty sure it's this one that I need:

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/hardware/sonor/strainer/sonor_strainer_med.jpg[/IMG]

I still have the butt end but not the throwoff lever. Since it mounts only with one screw it has been impossible to put a different one on without drilling new holes (which will be my last resort)

Anyone have one of these kicking around, or something similar that mounts with one screw? I've been searching ebay for months and emailed several vintage drum/parts suppliers and had no luck.

This is the exact snare drum I have:

[IMG]http://www.sonormuseum.com/identify/60ssnare1.jpg[/IMG]

The wrap was in rough shape and covered in stickers so I ripped it off and I'm in the process of sanding it down and staining it.

Any help finding this part will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clayton.

Posted on 16 years ago

Sorry guys, I just realized this post would have been more appropriate on the "Restoring Vintage Drums" board.

Posted on 16 years ago

I would say since the wrap has been removed the drum is open for anything.

You can easily make a plate to fit any strainer without drilling the shell.

If you plan on using the drum the strainer pictured was not very good and will be more of a problem..

There is a friend of the forum that can probably make the plate for you. You would need to provide a photo of the hole and then determine which strainer you want to use. I would say just the small standard strainer would work well.. then some day down the road if you stumble across the strainer you can just swap it out....

Here is the web site

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here