Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Sonor snare from 60's

There was similar snare in discussions here on forum,fellow member Olimpass have similar snare.It is 14x5,seamed and welded.It is chrome on brass.And the snare mechanism is type a have seen only here on VDG in section of Sonor hardware.Simple but functional with snare adjustment on the but side.There are no Sonor badges on the snare and there are 3(sorry I don't know right expression),reinforcements canals,one in the middle and two near the hoops.It sounds loud and very crisp

5 attachments
134.9 kB
134.2 kB
139.5 kB
122.3 kB
111.7 kB
Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 13 years ago

I really like those chrome Sonor snares from that era----i think some earlier ones had a smooth shell and as far as the throwoff goes----it's one of those little gems in the drumworld, that goes beyond the pale ; a long way actually. those lumps on the shell are usually referred to as ribs but they could just as easily be called crimps or humps but spine would probably be the most accurate----when its just one down the centre. perhaps when there is more than one it could be called duospinal or trispinal or even multispinal. How about Polyribbons! ------"WHAT'S ALL THAT NOISE??"........................... " Liten up man, um jus noodlin' arown with mu polyribbons"

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here