Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Sonor snare - blue satin flame

I'd love for some Sonor experts to chime in on this one. The wrap looks like blue satin flame. It has the tear drop style lugs and adjustable butt end. Original heads top and bottom, and original snare wires as well.

Judging from the photos in the snare drum guide, it think this would have been made somewhere around 1965.

Posted on 13 years ago

From cn679

I'd love for some Sonor experts to chime in on this one. The wrap looks like blue satin flame. It has the tear drop style lugs and adjustable butt end. Original heads top and bottom, and original snare wires as well.Judging from the photos in the snare drum guide, it think this would have been made somewhere around 1965.

Nice original snare you have...I don't have the catalog with me but if i recall right your drum is from sometime 1964-69 your shell is 5 ply beechwood with no rings..Sonor used that srainer set up from about 1960-1972 if i recall right..Yes by your photo's the color is blue satin flame...So what did you pay for the nice drum?? Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

64 still had the lollypops badge.

It`s all small logo !!

It looks like a D471 in MF (multi brilliant finnish) turquoise from a city kit like Chigago, New Orleans, ect.

The D424 was seamless metal, same as the 471 set-up and the D426 was seamless metal and had one of those funky tuneable parallel working snare thingy type gadgets !!

The Europian badge was black with silver and did not have ...Made in Germany on it,...the US badge was silver with black and had ...Made in Germany under the badge !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

There`s a website for SONOR drums you could go to and reasearch alot about their product,...you only have to remember one thing and that is that serial numbers mean nothing to a SONOR drum for they never kept records of them !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

Thank you all for the info. I will have to check out the Sonor website and see what I can find, thanks for the tip!

Posted on 13 years ago

Here is some of the original hardware that accompanied the snare. Bass drum pedal and hi-hat stand.

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here