Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Sonor Ruby Teardrop- timing is everything

Not really looking for another set (no really, I mean it...) I found a set of Ruby Teardrop Sonors available on CL a while back. After working with the seller for 2 weeks, I drove to Vancouver BC to pick them up (3 hours). The next week, the matching snare comes up on ebay. Bit more working with that seller and he ships to the house. 3 weeks later the original seller finds the hardware set she thought had been lost and we work a deal on that (snare, hihat and cymbal stands).

Within 2 months, I go from no Sonor Teardrop set to beautiful Ruby Pearl set with matching snare and hardware. Still need a pedal, but I'll live without it for a while I guess.

As we drummers all know: Timing is Everything.

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

WOW that is spectacular... what a rich finish!

Hey I have to ask a dumb question because even though it says vintage drum guru under my name I'm not even in the park..

How do you pronounce Sonor?

Is it like So with a long O, then nor

or is it like Sun then or..

Man you should have seen me tripping over Paiste.. :(

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Its So....long "o"

Nor like "or"

Beautiful tubs amos!!!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]That's very nice. I like the Pearls that came out of EU back then...they had very unique patterns to 'em. Never was in luv with the staggered lugs on the rack toms, though. I dunno... I say you either go aligned or you go offset w/ equidistance ....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here