Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Sonor pedal lube and maintenaince?

Hello- has anyone taken apart, lubed and re-assembled one of these? It can't be much more involved than a Speed King, can it? I'm interested in buying one. Thanks.

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Ya that`s gonna be the same deal different tools. I saw one in hand and I immediately said SK wannabe.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 9 years ago

I have one and did a little tinkering with mine. I didn't take out the springs at the time I worked on it but those springs attach to two small slotted screws at the bottom of the pedal and are not compression springs. Pretty decent pedal but if you like a lower beater you may need to cut it a little short, the longer(original one I have) shaft will stick out too far and give it a weird feel from rubbing against the linkage.

Good luck, they aren't really too complex but like I said I didn't take out the springs. The action is smooth on mine. Also try to keep the adj screws(bottom ones I mentioned) the same tension on both sides.

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanx for the info. I'm just trying to complete the correct hardware grouping for my 1964 teardrops.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here