Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Sonor D-420

Just picked this little guy up today,haven't had a chance to tune or really play it yet.

http://www.repercussions.org/d420.html

The above is for reference. My snare is in a bit better shape than the one shown. To those who own these snares please post some pics and describe what can be expected from this beauty

Posted on 12 years ago

That`s the Phonic pic., it`s similar to the HLD593 wich is about 10lbs. heavier !! looks all origonal too !!

I know someone who had one and it`s not good for Rock !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 12 years ago

Not good for rock meaning what? not loud enough?

Posted on 12 years ago

We didn`t think it sounded hard enough with heavy HH and tight BD. It`s a great drum, with a clicky rim shot, but for hard hitters it don`t have depth. If you play jazz or blues, it perfect !!

Tecnically, you can get it to sound huge with the compressor, But it`s more for those fine tuned, perfect note, hard to please people !!

I`ve never heard it`s cousin, the HLD Bronze/Copper model but would think that would have the weight to sound more Rock.

For me, the thick shells, heavy cymbals, Emporer Batteries, and hard hitting deliver that loud volume Rock sound. But to each his own !!

Posted on 12 years ago

Phonics had a Bop kit, and I think that`s where it belongs !!

Posted on 12 years ago

I probably will either play it as a side snare or with a small type set up. This guy is built like a tiger tank

Posted on 12 years ago

As are all Phonics !! Ya can`t beat it,...well, ya can but !!

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here