Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Sonor 422 or 421

Which one was the metal 8 lug pointy off set teardrop lug, parallel action snare drum, and were they brass?..one of them was a wooden shell.

They were a 50-60,s drum so I don't expect many of you to have seen one...I do know they weigh a ton

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 6 years ago

From wayne

Which one was the metal 8 lug pointy off set teardrop lug, parallel action snare drum, and were they brass?..one of them was a wooden shell.They were a 50-60,s drum so I don't expect many of you to have seen one...I do know they weigh a ton

The D-426 had the pointy longer lugs, the D-425 had the shark tooth type Teardrop.

1 attachments
It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 6 years ago

That clears a few things up, thx very much...you don't happen to speak German do you?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 6 years ago

From wayne

That clears a few things up, thx very much...you don't happen to speak German do you?

No. The difference between the 422 and 321 is that they are wood. Same everything else.

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks again...were the metal shells with the pointy lugs brass or ferro if you can recall?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 6 years ago

From wayne

Thanks again...were the metal shells with the pointy lugs brass or ferro if you can recall?

There were no ferro teardrop snares I`m aware of. That was a 70 deal made with an auto manufacturer. It`s possible very early 70`s teardrop would be. SONOR only says metal snare in the cats before. Some are steel, others brass, but all ferro were advertised as ferromanganese.

The 426 should be Brass. The thumb rule is if it has no bead, it was brass.

Posted on 6 years ago

I have a D421 snare drum. To the best of my knowledge, it is a single ply shell. It is a very nice drum, and I am lucky to have it. I also have a matching teardrop kit from ca 1958.

I attach a couple of pictures of the drum.

/Magnus

2 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here