Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Something you've never seen before...

Alright, this is something I've been wanting to share with the forum for a very long time, nearly 4 years, if I remember correctly. I picked up this set before I was a member, when I was lurking trying to pick up as many tips as I could for my first restoration project (a different set, a mixed Star/Pearl stencil 3 piece.) I bought this set because it came with a snare drum that I had to have, my 1966 Supra. The owner wouldn't let my buy just the snare, and I'm glad he didn't, because these drums are really quite a find for a MIJ enthusiast/soon to be junkie. I've had them all this time, but never really did a restoration on them because, despite some missing and damaged parts, they are mostly in fantastic shape.

This is 3 piece R-360 by Rogers 'Rock Solid' set, 12/16/20 (minus the COS snare,) made by Yamaha, sometime around 1968-72. The special characteristic of this set is the wrap. The wrap, from what I've seen here on the forum and other places on the 'net, has to be one of the most rare wraps to come from any Japanese manufacturer.

Very quickly, I'd like to say THANK YOU to all the members of the Vintage Drum Forum for their expertise and willingness to educate and share their wisdom with other members. I've learned and continue to learn so much on this site every time I check in. Thank you, again, to everyone here!

So here it is, R-360 in Red Umber...

Posted on 13 years ago

Probably one of the better MIJ kits made. Oddly enough, there is a 12,13,16,22 R-360 in the same finish at a project studio near me. Sold him the kit years ago.

Posted on 13 years ago

Looking goooood!

I can imagine it under some stage lights, sparkling and glowing, while you bang and boom your way through the solo.

What a pretty kit! Really does look like embers.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 13 years ago

YESSSSS!!! Excited Bowing

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 13 years ago