Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

someone explain to me

where do these people get off?

i've seen the same sets on ebay for months..literally months.

who decides what something is worth?

(i'd say the people who are willing to purchase)

if the same set doesn't sell at a certain price for a month..maybe it's about time you think about lowering your price.

i just don't get it.

i've seen kit(A) go for $800 and i've seen kit(B-exact same kit) go for $1500.

and then when you offer the guy with kit(B) a grand..he flips out!

i just don't understand it.

i mean obviously the market is down, for both vintage/new drums.

it seems to me like everyone and their mother is looking for a deal (i mean who doesn't wanna save money?)

but you got people on ebay with kit(A)

and then you got vintage drum sites with kit(B)

who's right?

then you have those lunatics on ebay with kit(C-same as A&B) that mark it at $2500.

how is the buyer (me in this case) suppose to decide which one is the right price?

PEOPLE ARE MAD!

and they're making me mad!

what do you guys think?

Soap Box

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

When it comes to eBay I go by completed listings that have SOLD to get an idea of what an item is worth currently.

Some folks honestly believe their drums are worth far more than they actually are.... hence the "flip out" when less than their price is offered.

Maybe they paid too much too begin with, or don't understand that putting a Ludwig tom mount on a Slingerland bass drum affects the value as much as it does.

Some folks are fishing for the uninformed to prey upon......

That particular troll lurks EVERYWHERE YOU GO.....

As for the folks that relist at the same inflated price time and time again......

Maybe they don't need the $2500 they have the item listed at as badly as I want to give them $1500 for it........................:)

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

The best way to gauge what a kit is worth is to search COMPLETED listings on ebay for that type of kit and see what that type of kit ACTUALLY sold for. You can ask as high or as low as you want....doesn't mean a thing if no one wants to pay it. 95% of those high priced kits are from two or three regular "sellers" on ebay that insist that they will get those rediculous prices. However if you look at completed listing you will see month after month of their listings with no-sales. Anyone in the know will NOT do business with them (I think we all know of who I am implying here) so I would not even figure those listings in for true value.

Besides.......a kit is only worth what YOU are willing to pay for it, now isn't it? :D

Posted on 14 years ago

Woah! Kevins! I think we're on the same wavelength at the same time on this one! You looking at my test answers again?? LoLoLoLo

Posted on 14 years ago

It's all about the timing, desire and availability.

Buyer A is in the right lace at the right time with the $800. Buyer B wants the same kit but every time the kit he wants comes up, it's priced too high. So, he gives up for a day and that's the day the kit comes along! Murphy's Law!

I tell the story of the black Cortex Jazzette kit with the chrome jazz Combo snare (all matched) that came up for sale on EBay a few years ago. It was the EXACT kit I wanted. I set my max bid at what I thought sure would be high enough to get it. At the last second, it got snapped up by another forum member. I BEGGED him to sell me the kit. I was willing to double the price he paid. No sale. Then, a few years later, he sold it to someone else and now it's off the radar again.

So, I was willing to pay twice what I set my maximum bid! WHY? WHY did I do that? It was the very kit I had been waiting for.....I had the budget for it.....I got greedy and hoped to get it too cheaply and someone else got it as a result! Lesson learned!

It's not just the sellers who are crazy. The buyers are often crazy, too. But, hey, there's nothing like getting something you really want! Sometimes, it's a matter of "Well, the drums aren't being made anymore, and here is a nice kit that I want. The price is high, but I know what the drums can do and I have the desire to own them, so wtf, I'm going for it!" Then, there's the guy who has to have the swirl-pattern match the rest of the kit as best as it can and the only drum that can do it is priced at $3K...SOLD! We've seen it happen, here!

The prices are determined by timing and desire and availability.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

it just sucks cause i'm so indecisive.

i found my dream kit..but its out of my price range.

so do i buy a kit in my price range and settle?

or do i try to get that money asap hoping that kit doesn't sell?

this is why i can't sleep at night! Laughing H

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Go for the one you can't afford!! This is the American way brother!! Heck, why settle for something you don't want when every time you look at it you will be thinking of the one that got away..........

Actually, I wish someone would have shot me that advice before I got married..........Falling Do

have a wonderful evening

drumhack flowers2Guitar Dude Man

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 14 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

Woah! Kevins! I think we're on the same wavelength at the same time on this one! You looking at my test answers again?? LoLoLoLo

Just learning from the best, man !!............:)

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

drumhack you made me laugh so hard! LoLoLoLo

i feel bad for your wife ;)

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice thread, lol. Yes Sir

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here