Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Some Info Please? Slingerland 2-1

Hello fellow drum lovers. I have a 5x14 slingerland metal snare that I am having trouble finding any info on. It has 12 lugs on top and six on the bottom. The badge looks to be a 70's era. Its in good shape (see Photo). Any info would be great (year range, what type of metals, approx. value, etc.).

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Bruce,

I've got a fever.

:)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

And the prescription is?

Posted on 15 years ago

Here is the prescription... (Look near the bottom set of catalog pages)

Your Slingerland 2-1 is probably in the $200 - $400 range.

Rich K should be able to dial that in a little closer on value.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

So.....looking at the catalog, is it safe to assume that its a chrome over brass shell? It seems thats all they made, besides the wood ones. It just doesn't look like brass at all. More like aluminum or something.

Also, was it only made in 79? Seems like it from looking at the other catalogs.

Thanks for the info!

Bruce

Posted on 15 years ago

More Cowbell!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Great drum,how much do you want for it ?

I was going to say very late seventies or early eighties my memory is goin gettin old you know but in my opinion this is a highly collectible slingy drum

because they didnt make the 2 to 1 very long,the idea was to provide more precise tuning capabilities,somewhere i have and old slingy flyer with danny seraphinre endorsing the 2 to one ill try to find it to get more info! also at this time slingerland was cuuting down on the use of brass,its most probably chrome over steel have you tried a mangnet on the shell yet,ita also got the tdr strainer on,lets see the butt end ,either sell it tio me or keep it!

Slingerhead65

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here