Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

So Which Yellow is Tony William/ Gretsch Yellow?

As everyone seems to be out of yellow gloss drum wrap, I'm looking at ordering some from Bum Wraps. I figure they should be fine for a simple gloss even if some have had issues with their wraps.

Their site directs people to spycolor.com to pick out the specific hue you want on the wrap. This is great in theory but it opens the door to like tens of thousands of options, and I don't need that. I just want the same classic color that was used in the 70's and 80's by mainstream drum manufacturers.

So, I'm looking for opinions. What do you guys think? Is it this one? http://www.spycolor.com/fedf00#

60's Gretsch Progressive Jazz Green Sparkle
'61 Slingerland Bop Kit Sea Green Rewrap
Round Badge Bop Kit Clone Red Sparkle
'67 Pearl President 13/16/22 Red Oyster Pearl
Posted on 9 years ago
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

The very best thing to do is try to get a sample of the wrap color you want. Then send it to BW to match. The link you posted shows color in RGB (red-green-blue) this will be different from the CMYK (cyan-magenta-yellow-black) process counterpart. As almost everyones computer screen has different levels of color so trying to color match is a crapshoot at best. Trust me on this. Even Bumwraps color is printed in CMYK and might vary slightly from the original Nitron Yellow. Just so you know it's not a perfect process.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 9 years ago

I don't mean to repeat my self but if u can get a hold of a small piece of yellow nitron wrap from the 80,s Body shops and there paint suppliers can brew up a paint finish that will dead on. here is an example....................you will be very satisfied with the outcome. Once u do all the prep work sanding /filling/masking inside of shell they will mix the paint (about a quart) they can spray and clear coat those shells in no time at all.

1 attachments
123.5 kB
1966 ludwig club date champagne sparkle 20-12-14
1979 gretsch black nitron 20-12-13-16
1972 Rogers blue onyx 20-12-13-16
2012 gretsch renown 57 18-12-14
1980's gretsch Ice blue 22-12-13-16
1980's gretsch Ice blue 18-10-14
1972 slingerland silver sparkle 22-12-13-14-16
Posted on 9 years ago

Well, anyone have a sample of Gretsch yellow nitron?

60's Gretsch Progressive Jazz Green Sparkle
'61 Slingerland Bop Kit Sea Green Rewrap
Round Badge Bop Kit Clone Red Sparkle
'67 Pearl President 13/16/22 Red Oyster Pearl
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here