Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

So bad the part out crowd didn't bid. I'm thrilled.

Had been thinking about best way to go on a project using orphans.

So here is the bass drum for my camping/traveling kit build, before photo. Thinking suitcase type kit but with a custom case. Won't be camping for a few months so finished no time soon.

It joins a 30's 13" no lug NOB snare and a 12" late 40's black laquer small super lug timbali. Wish I had the other half for a floor tom :-).

Funny bid just to save it and then duh that is the bass. <$30 shipped.

Early thoughts lean towards double ended tube lugs for tuning and suspension in the case. Further pondering required and any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Creighton

2 attachments
Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 8 years ago

Can't beat the price. Wood hoop is $30 easy. Add claws, rods, lugs should clean up nice. 15" yes? Looped S badge a plus!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

The 1 of 1 "Sifter" Slingerland model has arrived. 14" shell/hoop. Back story, this was found in a barn. The wire mesh batter head is somewhat interesting with brushes. It goes however..

Think will just pull and store all of the original parts. Except shell and rim. Have an idea how to extend the shell back to 7" or so.

Holes in hoop constant with it be hacked marcher but really hard to tell at this point.

Sorry, not selling any parts off this one. Any luck "before photos" to follow.

Thanks.

Creighton

4 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Sifter model looks pretty rare. :-) Interesting use of a drum though. The wood hoop I had used the same marcher bracket. Little brass number for a strap clip I think. What size was it cut down to?

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

Showing signs of improvement.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Coming along nicely!

Posted on 8 years ago

cool project!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks all !! Think what will do here. First add an inner ply extending shell to 7" +/-. Going to measure the cloud badge duco and professional solid shell snares, for exact on that. First poking around looks like a 4th ply makes a late 50's 3ply shell darn close to the same thickness as a solid maple.

Next just build up the outer plys with an inside buck to hold round. Have 16 nickle small "beavertails" stashed that are ready to join in.

Kinda would like to use vintage T-rods. They bottom out in the small BT lugs. Not one to saw off vintage gear, so just searching for taller hoops. Any leads on a pair of 1 3/4" x 14" with grooves for inlay. Thanks.

Photo's of what came off and any luck what will go on attached.

Creighton

2 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Hoops on the way. Found Hide-A-Head Hoops mahogany with birdseye maple inlay, here: www.davilledrumworks.com

Great response to questions. This build is fun.

Creighton

Posted on 8 years ago

Top notch quality on the hoops. Crappy indoor pics. The "Professional" model snare ponied up for a test fit. Long ways from done but great fun. It is like a "Salesman Sample" Could hang more stuff but a bit over the top already. Double click will get photo's correct side up. Comments?

Thanks!

Creighton

3 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here