Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Hi...cool site

I have a Premier '66 snare...it has two seperate snares that hook over a bar at each end...the problem is they keeping falling off...any suggestions? or should i get a snare thats just one strip??

Posted on 18 years ago

This sounds like a Royal Ace and they should not fall off.

I think more investigation into the strainer and the drum is in order

to better answer the question.

A picture of the drum underside by the butt and strainer would be great

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Cool...I looked up royal snare and that's the one I use...The kit I doesn't belong to me so I don't know much about it...I'll get some photos sorted out as soon as possible..Thanks for answering.

Mick

Posted on 18 years ago
Posted on 18 years ago
Posted on 18 years ago
Posted on 18 years ago

Well, firstly that is a nice finish and considered an original Ringo finish. I have seen photos of Ringo playing that finish early in his career.

Although it does not bring the same type of money as the Ludwig

drums he used, they are nice drums and collectible.

The only thing I can think is the wires have totally stretched out. The wires on my drum do not do that.

At what tension do they fall off? When the snare is turned on and or when the snare is on at high or low tension?

David

Posted on 18 years ago

I always tighten the snare as full as it can go...and the wires fall off when the snare is on....hopefully a change of wires will do the trick...I did take it into a music shop but I think they just fobbed me off because they didn't have any replacements..

I will only play kits from this era...modern kits to me sound flat and lifeless.Same goes for modern cymbals...I love the zyns I use.

[IMG]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3895/drau4.th.png[/IMG]

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here