Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Snare wires for Acrolite

Just finished spiffing up a 60's Acrolite. Nice, too, if I do say so myself...

I plan to replace the snare wires, and am scoping out the Puresound 16, 20 or whatever strand wires. I think one of JR Frondelli's columns said there's a correlation between the size of the snare beds with the appropriate width of the snare wires. Naturally, I have no idea of the Acro's snare beds.

ANYWAY -- I'm not hung up on the Puresounds. Anyone have suggestions?

Posted on 12 years ago

my first run orange peel acro has a 12 strand as this was standard at that time with plastic ends instead of metal .i just finished my restoration also pics directly

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 12 years ago

I have those as they came in, but really have to be replaced. They're beyond salvage.

Does a 12 strand sound like the way to go?

Posted on 12 years ago

well s a player i see trying more strands to get the sound you want but 12 is fine

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here