Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

SNARE WIRES FOR 1930s LEEDY RELIANCE SNARE DRUM

I'm working a little "project" that includes a wooden Leedy Reliance snare drum from the 1930s. In order to complete my project, I need some snare wires. I've included some pics of the strainer and snare butt that were mounted on the shell. From what I've read and researched I believe what I should be looking for is a set of wires with 12 strands -- Snappy Wires, perhaps?

Please take a look at the strainer and snare butt and let me know what you think would work as well as where I might be able to find them at a reasonable price.

As usual, thanks in advance for your time and your help!

Posted on 15 years ago

Is there a snare guide or bridge that goes below the strainer like a radio king? If so, I believe the radio king snares with the strap will work for you, puresound makes nice versions of those for the slingerland three point strainer. If there is no bridge, then regular snappy snares with snare cords would work, or you could always go for the gut snare option, which is most likely what was original to the drum.

Posted on 15 years ago

Ludwig-dude: THANKS (again!) for your input. There's no snare guide or bridge under the strainer on this one.

Posted on 15 years ago

From OldSchool

Ludwig-dude: THANKS (again!) for your input. There's no snare guide or bridge under the strainer on this one.

Ok, then either snappy snares with snare cord or gut snares could be used.....I'd consider gut snares for a more authentic sound.....

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here