Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Snare tension rods

Are Rogers, Ludwig, Slingerland and other older USA made tension rods interchangeable specifically 2 inch? The only difference I see is the length of the threads. Thanks.

70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]If you mean are they the same thread, pitch, and diameter...yes, all can be used on either. the problems start to arise when you use japanese t-rods, because those threads/pitches/diameters are different.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

What he said. There is a generic mfr. who makes the old Pearl-pitched t-rods. One local shop here carries 'em. Some vintage shops carry 'em. But if you cannot hunt them down, better to replace the interior inserts and buy standard thread t-rods. It'll probably run you between 50 cents-$1 (hey, isn't it SAD that there's no "cents" symbol on a typing keyboard anymore ?:()per insert, but it will save you tons of hassle when you start losing a rod here and there. And it's easy to do. Anyone can do it.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yes...inevitably you'll lose those Japanese threaded rods, and then you will find yourself in the same position you are in now. I applaud historical accuracy, but I have renovated a lot of Japanese kits....and there's a point where practicality just trumps keeping 'em. Problem is compounded by the fact that there were 3 different Japanese Pearl thread types, depending on how old the kit is.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here