Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Snare strap

I've been browsing around for some decent snare straps, a la Canopus, just cuz I don't want to use the white nylon on the Slingerland COB I'm finishing. I saw a post by JR Frondelli that he uses grosgrain ribbon. I sent an email asking him: how to finish off the end? I could pass it over a flame, like nylon, but I'm wondering if there is a better way, cosmetically, to do it.

Ideas?

Posted on 12 years ago

Just warm the end with a lighter if the cut end isn't clean.

Posted on 12 years ago

Just cut it off. I've been using it for quite a while now, no problems, no fraying, etc. Works great, smooth on and off, strong and cheap. Plus, you can get it in colors.........

Posted on 12 years ago

Cool. I've never tried it. Doesn't sound like much can go wrong. I also thought that if I thought it would fray, I could smooth a little Goop on it.

It's on my shopping list for tomorrow....

Thanks!

Posted on 12 years ago

I just bought 30' of grosgrain ribbon (5/8" by the way) for under $8.00. That is easily enough to do 30 snare drums and probably quite a few more. It will last me right up until I loose it. By the way, a very quick brush on the ends with a lighter and it is good to go. I replaced all my P-83's and P-85's with P-86's and could not be happier. I will say the engraved P-86 looks a little pretentious on my Standard Acro though. Cool Dude

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here