Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Snare identification

Snare identification

Rare snare drum

13"x6,5" brass snare drum

6xTuning rods/length 7,5"

Snare is located in Norway

Posted on 9 months ago

I've never seen one like it.

My guess is that it is am early 20th century, local-to-Scandinavia brand of drum that might possibly have been used in some type of traditional marching band.

You might check into some vintage sales material/manufacturer ads that could have been around

and see if there was a local manufacturer or musical instrument brand that might have been used in schools, etc.

Cool drum, though! Thanks for taking the time to post it here! We are currently suffering some website issues as you might have noticed.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 9 months ago

I've never seen one like it.

My guess is that it is am early 20th century, local-to-Scandinavia brand of drum that might possibly have been used in some type of traditional marching band.

You might check into some vintage sales material/manufacturer ads that could have been around

and see if there was a local manufacturer or musical instrument brand that might have been used in schools, etc.

Cool drum, though! Thanks for taking the time to post it here! We are currently suffering some website issues as you might have noticed.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 9 months ago
Action Another action Something else here