Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Snare identification

Hello friends!

I got this 14x5" snare with some kit and I need some help with indentification before I sell it.

I think it's some japanese Hayman-Camco-Dixon copy from 70's.

I treid to do some research but it's little bit difficult, cause there's not so much japanese drum catalogs to find.

Here's some details:

Hayman-type lugs but only 6, inside painted white but without rings, stariner propably changed later, baseball-bat damper.

It seems that there has been some kind of round badge.

Any information and price range appreciated.

Thanks.

[Attachment: 94842] [Attachment: 94843] [Attachment: 94844]

[Attachment: 94845] [Attachment: 94846]

Posted on 8 years ago

I think it is hodge podge consisting of various parts, mostly imitation - perhaps all imitation - which was a result of gradual customization by the owner.

You asked for ID. I believe his name is Frank N. Stein.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

To me it's similar to Hayman Vibrasonic shell with modern chinese strainer.

These hoops are better than original Hayman.

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 8 years ago

Internal muffler looks like Ludwig, but the "baseball bat" part isn't Ludwig. Lugs look like Hayman. That's about all I say. The strainer is so generic and cheapo lookin'. You could have the nicest snare in the world, but with that strainer it just loses all it's appeal. For me, anyway.

Posted on 8 years ago

As I can see the muffler also is Hayman.

Posted on 8 years ago

Hayman lugs and muffler for sure. Hayman didn't make a 6 lug snare so Hayman parts used to build something at home i'd say

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here