Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Snare identification Ludwig?

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's a Ludwig..maybe somebody can tell us which model.

Regards

Michael

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

I will just jump in to get the ball rolling on this one and say Not a Ludwig.

Most Ludwigs of this era had a badge and or hoop or shell stamp.

The lugs do look like Ludwig as well as the shell, but the rest of the drum does not.

With that said I have seen this drum before, but can't pinpoint who made it. My guess is a European made drum.

I'm sure others will have an opinion and I don't mind being proven wrong!

Help

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Well, the lugs, and possibly even the shell look like Ludwig...the strainer system looks like a copy of a '30s Leedy parallel (which was made at the same factory as the Ludwigs of this era). The hoops, slotted rods and clips, look European. A lot of the European drums of this time were knock-offs of Leedys, so, my guess is that's an imported drum from the late '30s...

Posted on 18 years ago

Yep...That would be my guess, too. The center bead on that shell is squared. Ludwigs were rounded. The throwoff is somewhat remniscent of the Super Sensitive.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

How much does it weigh? I could be a 1936-7 Ludwig Silver Anniversary shell. They did come with a square or hex bead. Different hoops though...

Posted on 18 years ago

The Ludwig Silver anniversary drums had that squared off bead and cut out imperial lugs, but that throw off isn't a Ludwig...

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here