Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.82255%

Snare claws

Hi. I've got a couple of Ludwig snares from the 20s and 30s with claws holding the hoops on. I tend to like quite a high tension and the consequence is that these claws snap. I generally remove all the original claws when I buy the drums and put them safely in a bag and then replace them with new ones for playing. Does anyone know of a supplier of good quality retro claws that DON'T snap so easily? The cast ones seem to last such a short time.

"If 'A' equals 'success' in life then 'A' equals 'X' plus 'Y' plus 'Z' where work equals 'X', 'Y' is play and 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein.

1920s 14"x5" Ludwig Super Sensitive Dual Snare
1957 6 1/2" x15" Slingerland WMP Concert King
1938 8"x15" Leedy Broadway Standard
1947-53 14x6.5" NOB Ludwig & Ludwig Universal
...plus a bunch of mismatched Slingerlands that collectively make a pleasing noise.
Posted on 3 months ago

Sounds like a resounding ‘no’ then! Looks like I’ll need to get into the fabrication business.

"If 'A' equals 'success' in life then 'A' equals 'X' plus 'Y' plus 'Z' where work equals 'X', 'Y' is play and 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein.

1920s 14"x5" Ludwig Super Sensitive Dual Snare
1957 6 1/2" x15" Slingerland WMP Concert King
1938 8"x15" Leedy Broadway Standard
1947-53 14x6.5" NOB Ludwig & Ludwig Universal
...plus a bunch of mismatched Slingerlands that collectively make a pleasing noise.
Posted on 3 months ago

I've got a few old ones lying around. But the chrome is shot. If you want to try old ones again. They look pretty strong, I am surprised that your tuning so high would damage them.

Posted on 1 month ago
Action Another action Something else here