Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Slingys - Tangerine Satin Flame?

What do you guys make of these drums:

Are these Tangerine Satin Flame, which according to Rob Cook's book was a catalogued color in 1973 only. And the lugs? Blue sparkle?

They don't look to be in the greatest shape, but I'd still consider them a bargain for $80. I'd have bought them, but since I haven't heard back from the seller, I'm guessing that they're already gone.

Slingerland Vintage Drum Shells - $80 (Lansdale)

Date: 2009-09-06, 7:32PM EDT

Reply to: [COLOR=#0000ff]sale-nxhbq-1361613469@craigslist.org[/COLOR] [[COLOR=#0000ff]Errors when replying to ads?[/COLOR]]

USED

Orange swirl laminate w/ blue sparkle lugs

9x12 (RIMS tom mount, Triple flanged hoops) Remo Pinstripe

16x16 (RIMS mount, Fl. Tom legs, Triple flanged hoops) Remo Pinstripe

14x20 (Evans EMAD Batter and Resonant) Kick Riser.

NO HARDWARE included other than listed.

NO personal checks

MUST schedule to see merchandise before purchasing

[LIST]

[*]Location: Lansdale

[*]it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests[/LIST]

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

There's a lot wrong with that kit...other than the obvious. The spurs are wrong, the wrap is wrong, the lugs are wrong (powdercoat?), the rims are wrong, the bass claws are wrong, ... the only thing that appears correct is the badge...and that's even WAY out of focus. I don't know. Feels "off". I wouldn't play if the price was 25 dollars. It just feels really "off" here. It's like the guy is trying to put something over. I don't deal with people like that. I don't care how good the deal might be. When ethics are compromised, I walk away. Period.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here