Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Slingys - Just showing off a bit!

Finally finished a deluxe overhaul of my brother in laws Slingerlands. These had been re-wrapped twice before, and after seeing some of my other work, my brother in law decided to have me give them one final face lift. It started as a 10 12 13 16 20 and a 14 snare. The 10 and snare were from the later thick no re-ring era, and the rest were all older re-ring shells. I stripped, cleaned the interiors, re-wrapped, and cleaned up the bearing edges. After getting permission from my brother, I used the 6.5 x 10 tom to make him a popcorn snare, and built him a better matching 7 x 10 tom with re-rings from new keller stock. I also built him (as an added surprise) a 14 x14 floor tom using a new keller shell, and parting out an old 14 rack tom. I even reused the solid maple re-rings. It's like a new old floor tom. I added a veneer to the inside of the bass drum to hide some old damage, and the wood plugs I installed. It all came out great, and like I said, I am just showing off a bit. I did come up with one more surprise for him, but as I don't know if he ever checks in here at the VDF, I am going to have to show you all those pictures after he has them in hand.....

Thanks, Ryan

Posted on 10 years ago

Looks Great... Nice work again..

Anymore sister's that you want to marry off???

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 10 years ago

Yeah, Wow!

Great job on those.

That's going to be a great kit to play.

Nothing like some good brownie points with the inlaws. :D

www.macdrums.com
Posted on 10 years ago

Very, very nice. You do good work!

Posted on 10 years ago

Wow really nice Ryan! Beautiful work.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks Guys! I wish I had gotten much better pictures. I had them all boxed up before I loaded the pictures. I hope I can get my Brother in law to take a few shots of them all set up. I shipped them off today, so it's time to hold my breath until they arrive.

Thanks, Ryan

Posted on 10 years ago

WTH?!?!?! Mind Blowi

www.macdrums.com
Posted on 10 years ago

Very nice job on them, and wow a 14" floor tom is sure an awesome surprise!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 10 years ago

That Camco snare is toooo sick!!!!

Love it :cool:

www.macdrums.com
Posted on 10 years ago

Well, they made it safe and sound to my Brother in law today!!! He sent me this one quick note "Holy. Crap. Awesomeness in three boxes. I'm speechless"

I am sooo happy they made it safe.... And as promised here is a picture of the little extra thing I put together for him. It's a 6x14 snare, made from a repurposed heavy maple shell from a pearl free floater marching snare. I cut it and added re-rings, and parted out an old student model snare to get things put together. I wrapped it with mahogany veneer, and inlayed white, grey, and blue pearl strips. Those are his current color, and the last two wraps of his kits.

Thank you all for the compliments!! It's about time to blow the dust off of the WFL project and get after it. I need to finish one for me for once!!

Ryan

3 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here