Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Slingy tube lug toms question.

Finally getting the red and blue paint off the interior of the 13". Not sure what to make of the results. It's not pretty.

Shouldn't tube lug mounting holes be in line at a 90 degree angle to the shell edge?

It appears the holes for the super lugs were made by someones pet rat. The 16" FT has the same offset but with 6 lugs at 11" between the small holes.

Here's some pics of the 13".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Creighton

3 attachments
Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 10 years ago

> Shouldn't tube lug mounting holes be in line at a 90 degree angle to the shell edge?

You got that straight, Jackson!

Am I looking at extra holes? Did somebody drill it for other lugs at some point?

Love the wood in the interior of the drum!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks John!

No idea what has gone on. 20",16" and this 13" were factory wrapped in Sparkling Gold. 3 re-rings on the 16,13. Two 1 1/2" re-rings on the 20. Batter sides had early style Super lugs with large stamped washers when I got them. Reso sides were drilled but plugged.

On the 20" lug holes look factory. Not so much on the 13 and 16. The small holes look factory but are not in line perpendicular to the shell edge.

>Love the wood in the interior of the drum!

Smells good too :-)

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here