Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Slingy Strainer Two Extra Holes?

Hi Forum, A Note About My 6.5/14 Sound King,drcjw Told Me Exactly What I Kneeded To Know About It ,after Some More Pondering,i Have Now Taken My Drum Apart To Find Two Extra Holes Below The Late Seventies Tama Snare Strainer That Is On It.did The Original Zoomatic Strainer Have Four Holes? Or Is This Where New Holes Have Been Drilled For The Tama Strainer.this Drum Is In Fantastic Condition So I Will Hunt Down A Zoomatic Strainer,so I Have A Second Question Can Anyone Point Me In The Right Direction To Start My Search For I Have No Idea How Difficult This May Be. Any Ideas Would Be Most Welcome , Many Thanks.....chris

Posted on 17 years ago

Zoomatics had three holes.

Two holes upper for the mounting screws and one hole at an uspide triangle point for the tension adjusting screw.

You can kind of see it on this page

Click Here

Should be no problem finding a Zoomatic on Ebay. Expect it in the $75 - $100 Price range. More if it is mint and or NOS

David

You can also see it in this photo. The inside of the drum top left photo.

Click Here

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks very much David, ihave just found a contact on your site in america ,asking if any one had a tama imperial star strainer , thats what i have on my slingerland so we have been in touch,and the short story is the zoomatic is a lot closer now. Im from uk and at the moment on ebay there is a camco from the seventees in ,as new condition, i like it but not sure wether its worth 1,690 pounds as im not familliar with camco ,just that it seems they are quite collectable, woul d you have any advice on this matter,the sizes are 12/13/16/22/with a 14/5 steel snare. thanks for previous info ,this is a superb website many thanks...chris uk

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here