Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Slingy ("off")white Lacquer Snare

I just got this one delivered today and haven't done any cleaning or polishing as of yet. I've gotten some recommendations in regard to the hardware (although I'm ALWAYS open to more suggestions!), but need some ideas in regard to cleaning the painted shell. I realize that in the pics the drum seems to have a "pink hue" to it. That's my camera, not the drum. It's basically an egg-shell colored drum.

I've also been considering the possibility of turning this one into a duco shell and was wondering whether or not that might be a wise idea and/or if any of you might happen to do that type of a project?

THANKS in advance for your time and your help!

Posted on 12 years ago

Just my opinion, but I'd clean and polish all the hardware and leave the shell as-is. I'd probably Windex the shell, or something similar. Your drum looks like a nice piece of Slingerland history. Enjoy it as it came from the factory!

Posted on 12 years ago

I'd leave as is too.

One sees quite a few Duco Student RKs, but this is the first white one I've seen.

Nice one, OldSchool !!

Kevin
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here