Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Slingy 15" hoop

Can I get a 15" hoop for a bottom tom (70's) easily? going to look at a 15" tom with no bottom hoop, I want to know if I picked it up , do any of you have one to sell?

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

Pretty sure I have one.....will have to check though........might be COB

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 14 years ago

all I see on ebay are snare bottoms, like this, will that work on a tom?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Slingerland-COB-15-8-Hole-Snare-Side-Hoop-NR-/300457388833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f4a7eb21

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes, a bottom snare hoop will work. It's a more expensive way to go, since they are harder to find.

Any reason you are looking for a "bottom" hoop specifically? On toms, are you aware of any difference between top and bottom hoops?

Posted on 14 years ago

The top and bottom hoops on toms are typically the same and they come up pretty regularly on eBay. If you need 8-lug 15" Slingerland "stick saver" hoops, here are a couple of current eBay listings that aren't snare side hoops:

Nickel Plated

Chrome Plated

You can also buy single hoops from places like drummaker.com or drumfoundry.com , although new "Slingerland-style" hoops typically aren't a perfect cosmetic match for vintage Slingerland hoops. They'll work just fine, though. A snare side hoop would also work, but it'll look funny since it has a snare gate.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks gents!!!

Posted on 14 years ago

I checked both forums posted above they do not have, does anyone have one here to sell?

Posted on 14 years ago

OT; I have a NOS 15"Slingerland clear black dot available when you find your hoop:Santa:

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I have my hoop, thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here