Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Slingerluddy

Hello All,

This is my first post here. My name is Bill. I've been messing with drums as a hobby for several years now. This is a recent project of mine. I bought a Ludwig Maple Classic concert tom that was in sad shape. It was poorly refinished (lousy lacquer job that was badly scratched and white latex paint inside!) This was a shell only, no hardware. I stripped it, cut it down, veneered it in bubinga, etc, etc.....

I added some Slingerland lugs and hoops, modern throw, butt and wires...

I know its a bit of a bastardization, but I'm keepin' it.

5 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

And another.

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Just love that grain,,

Great project.. How's it sound...

And

Welcome

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 12 years ago

Bill,

Good job! I also like doing projects with leftover stuff...

I had an 8x14 carbon fiber shell once that I got with a large lot. It was in great condition, but had been drilled for small lugs that I didn't have any of... until I bought another large lot of stuff that had some Ludwig drums that on some of them only the hardware was salvagable. As it turned out, the small classic lugs fit the holes. So, I put those on, a P-85 throw-off and P-32 butt, a Ludwig tone control... then sold it as a "Custom Carbon Fiber shell snare drum with Ludwig hardware." It sold on eBay for almost $200 if I remember correctly.

So, nothing wrong with being "creative" with leftover parts!!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

From longjohn

Just love that grain,,Great project.. How's it sound...And Welcome

Thanks longjohn,

It sounds great!

Posted on 12 years ago

From billnvick

Bill,Good job! I also like doing projects with leftover stuff...I had an 8x14 carbon fiber shell once that I got with a large lot. It was in great condition, but had been drilled for small lugs that I didn't have any of... until I bought another large lot of stuff that had some Ludwig drums that on some of them only the hardware was salvagable. As it turned out, the small classic lugs fit the holes. So, I put those on, a P-85 throw-off and P-32 butt, a Ludwig tone control... then sold it as a "Custom Carbon Fiber shell snare drum with Ludwig hardware." It sold on eBay for almost $200 if I remember correctly.So, nothing wrong with being "creative" with leftover parts!!Bill

Bill,

I'll bet that carbon fiber snare looked great. Do you have any pics of it?

Thanks,

Bill

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here