Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

slingerland zoomatic strainer adjustment mount part

long shot here.

i was wondering if anyone has the part for the zoomatic that the knob screws into to adjust the tension of the snare.

it's a small piece with a thread on the outside to mount it to the side of the drum and threads on the inside to adjust the snare tension.

i can post a picture of mine later. i need a new one because it's stripped inside.

1969 Sky Blue Pearl Ludwig
12, 13, 16, 22, 14 (supraphonic)
Posted on 14 years ago

If you don't feel like playing the waiting game to find the part or a donor Zoomatic on eBay, you can buy that piece (a "shell nut") from Jim Petty's web site. Go to www.jp2creations.com, click Parts in the left column, and select Slingerland Zoomatic Strainer. The shell nut is the first part listed, $25.

Some guys here on the forum might have one available. (The only one I've got is on a working drum and I'm not giving it up!) ;)

Posted on 14 years ago

whoa cool man thanks for the link!

ya i tried to find something at a hardware store knowing it was a long shot but then when i realized the inner thread was reversed i was like forget it.

thanks again for the info. if i can't find one on here then i just might one it from that guy.

1969 Sky Blue Pearl Ludwig
12, 13, 16, 22, 14 (supraphonic)
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here