Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Slingerland.. worthwhile project??

I believe it is a COB Super Sound King with the Dual Super Snare Strainer... but it is in ROUGH shape. Some part of just about every part seems to be bent.

$69.00 at a used instrument store.

Is this a desireable snare to own?? Would it ever be worth what the parts to restore it would cost??

Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks!

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Maybe somebody toss me a little rope here .... anybody have any experience with Dual Strainer Slingerland Snares??

Is it a rare bird.. or a rare bust?

If it was in great shape would you want it?

I can tap out the shell and get it "roundish" again... that doesn't scare me too much. Those throw-offs are freaking me out a little.

Anyone know it the strainers are unique to that drum or adaptations of other Slingy strainers? I'm trying to figure if parts from other strainers would make this one whole again or if I would need to find one of these rare birds to canabilize?

Beuller... anyone... anyone

Posted on 16 years ago

Its hard to see the strainers. I took one apart one time and fixed the bent parts that it had, but it was not that bad.

Posted on 16 years ago

That looks like a deeper version then mine. I paid $250 for a mint condition one.

I had not seen that many up until that time a few years ago. I have seen strainers, parts and drums that need work pop up since then on Ebay

Not an out of the question 'Quest' that will pay off some day if the shell can be fixed.

Either way $65 is pretty good since the hoops and lugs are worth at least that

David

Posted on 16 years ago

The "Supers" were known to have big trouble with the strainers. All of the snares I've seen had the arms disconnected or terribly loose as to effect the snare position. I have a bunch of the strainers trhat need work, if you need one...

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello Vadrums,

Can you please get in touch with me about the Rogers I bought off you. I have been mailing you but haven't heard anything back.

I need the shipping details.

Cheers Blonkins.

Posted on 16 years ago

Blonks you hijacked meSumo Dude... it's all goodCool Dude.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970s-SLINGERLAND-PARALLEL-SNARE-STRAINER-MECHANISM_W0QQitemZ350050880986QQihZ022QQcategoryZ47089QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$100 bucks worth of strainers... geez the guys got nice drums and he is a shrewd business man.. putting those strainers out there to tempt me in my hour of weakness..

Maybe I can talk the music store down and get the MC ebay parts.. maybe some Currotto drum mojo will magically fill my basement with amazing drums.Eye Ball

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here