Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Slingerland Super Sound King strainer question

Hi there,

the newest item int my collection of parallel action snare drums is a Slingerland Super Sound King that has awesome possibilities to adjust the tension and position of the snare wires. I just replaced the heads and tuned it up.

I noticed that when turning the handle to lift the snare wires against the head the strainer moves first and the butt side a bit later when the lever is nearly in a middle position. I wonder if this is normal or not. I always thought that the sense of parallel action snare drums ist lifting both ends at the same time.

Perhaps anyone here got one and can tell me or try it out.

Thanks a lot

Martin

Posted on 9 years ago

I just rebuilt one of these! Great Snare Drum! to answer your question, both sides should raise and lower at the same time. Check the seating of the rod into the butt and throw body. there should be flat areas that seat into the butt and throw. Make sure it is not slipping. Also ensure that both the butt and throw side are in the same position when installing the rod...meaning that they are both up or both down. Send me a photo if you need.

[email]gbroniec@gmail.com[/email]

I'll try to help you out if I can...

George

Posted on 9 years ago

George,

thanks for your answer. I will try that next week.

Best wishes

Martin

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here