Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Slingerland Super Sound King Snare Wires

Does anyone have an idea what snare wires are ideal/compatible with the dual strainer Slingerland Super Sound King?? Wondering if the ludwig supersensitive wires work?? thanks for any help..

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey man,

I just finished putting one of those together myself.

My suggestion is either the always good but always expensive pure sound snare wires, they make a vintage fit, that sounds the best - http://store.daddario.com/category/144389/Radio_King_Extended_Length_Snare_-_16_Strand

Otherwise I found a pearl 16" that did the trick, also I hear premier make an oversize that works too, these are cheaper than the pro sound but will require a bit of modification on your part. Im not sure about the supraphonic wires.

great drum, tune it tight and play with a variation of snare strand tightness and contact to the bottom. Just be sure to balance the two throw offs otherwise you can lose some control...

hope that helps

hit hard
Posted on 15 years ago

great thanks. the link you put up was to a radio king extended wire set, did you mean to put the radioking clamshell wires with the screw holes at the end?? I'm digging the drum so far, getting used to all the possibilities that the strainers provide.. thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

Check Puresound's website. I'm sure they make something in the Vintage series that would fit your slingy....

Posted on 15 years ago

yea sorry that was just the first one i came across. usually anything between 15" and 16" will fit. but perhaps email puresound and just double check which one they rec

hit hard
Posted on 15 years ago

I just bought a Slingerland Super Sound King with the complete strainer (almost). I am going to check out some of Pursounds extended wires,. HOWEVER, I am writing about something else. The strainer system I have is missing one part - one of the roller bars on the inside of the strainer. Do you know anywhere I can find this part?

Hey man, I just finished putting one of those together myself. My suggestion is either the always good but always expensive pure sound snare wires, they make a vintage fit, that sounds the best - http://store.daddario.com/category/144389/Radio_King_Extended_Length_Snare_-_16_Strand Otherwise I found a pearl 16" that did the trick, also I hear premier make an oversize that works too, these are cheaper than the pro sound but will require a bit of modification on your part. Im not sure about the supraphonic wires.great drum, tune it tight and play with a variation of snare strand tightness and contact to the bottom. Just be sure to balance the two throw offs otherwise you can lose some control...hope that helps

Posted on 14 years ago

I am replying to my own post - for anyone who might need the info

I found a plastic roller in home Depot that fit the bill. I tried to piece together a metal roller pin, but could not make it worl. them, amazingly, I found the metal roller part at the bottom of a tool box with old nuts and bolts. I never owned the drum before, so it might have been from a box of old parts I ponce had OR it might be something that is used in other hardware applications.

The Pearl extended wires are great for the TDR drums. I used the Radio King extended Puresound - but had to drill out the hole for the screw. I already had them on hand. I guess the Clamshell wires would work without drilling.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here