Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

slingerland strainer

Can anyone tell me what a TDR strainer is, or what it stands for, and what years they were used? thanks

Posted on 17 years ago

For starters take a look at a drum in the Tommy P. Collection with a TDR strainer.

Click Here

One of my favorite strainers!

David

Webmaster

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks David, I`m assuming it was a good strainer?? The reason I`m asking is I just bought a drum with one , I havent received the drum yet , it is on its way, and I`m just looking for a heads up. Does TDR stand for anything special? I never saw one before, thanks, Jack

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Jack...

TDR stands for: Total Dynamic Response. I have a TDR on my '74 Slingerland Buddy Rich model snare drum... the one David sent you the link to. It's a fine working strainer... I've never had a problem with mine... BUT! ... Slingerland installed a LOT of these TDR's out of square with relation to the snare beds on MANY snare drums. This causes the snares to buzz/rattle, which a lot of guys mistook for the TDR being lousy. It's not... some of the INSTALLATIONS were lousy, but not the TDR itself. As for me,

I was lucky! The TDR is installed perfectly on my BR TDR snare drum. It's one of my favorite drums in the Slingerland line. It plays and sounds GREAT!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here