Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Slingerland Strainer Location?

I'm considering purchasing a pre-serial Niles Hollywood Ace snare that is posted on CL. The rapid strainer is located 1 lug to the left of the badge. Every picture I have seen in all of the catalogues and online all have the strainer mounted on the right side of the badge. The seller claims everything is original and no extra holes. Any thoughts on this?

[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/playpercussion/silverslingy-1.jpg?t=1268930534[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Deadhead,

On page 188 of the Slingerland Book by Rob Cook, there is a picture of a Hollywood Ace with the strainer one lug over from the badge. Looks just like yours. Good luck,

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 14 years ago

From james

Hi Deadhead,On page 188 of the Slingerland Book by Rob Cook, there is a picture of a Hollywood Ace with the strainer one lug over from the badge. Looks just like yours. Good luck,James

James well done!!! and Deadhead don't consider it Do it!!Yes SirCool1Clapping Happy2D' Drummer

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From james

Hi Deadhead,On page 188 of the Slingerland Book by Rob Cook, there is a picture of a Hollywood Ace with the strainer one lug over from the badge. Looks just like yours. Good luck,James

Thanks James, I figured stuff like this happened from time to time. I still haven't decided on the snare, the chrome is pretty pitted up and his price is a little higher than I'd like to spend, but I'll see if I can't haggle him down a bit.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here