Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Slingerland Sparkling Pink V.s. Sparkling Pink Chanpagne Finishes

I recently picked up a Slingerland Bass Drum in what I believe to be a Sparkling Pink Finish. Page 137 of Rob Cook's publication entitled "The Slingerland Book" states that this finish was manufactured between 1959 and 1967, while the Sparkling Pink Champagne finish was manufactured between 1961 and 1973.

I've seen quite a bit of Slingerland Drums being offered in the Sparkling Pink Champagne finish but very few in the Sparkling Pink. If you look at the two there is a distinct difference between them.

I'm trying to find out if the Sparkling Pink is the rarer of the two and whether it would affect the value of a vintage Slingerland drum.

THANKS in advance for your help!

band3

Posted on 16 years ago

Sparkling pink is MUCH different than the sparkling pink champagne...check out the articles on this web site.

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/drcjw/article_4_finishes14.htm

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/drcjw/article_4_finishes15.htm

The pink sparkle is much rarer and tends to fade severely. Unfaded sets or snares in this finish should bring a premium; singles, who knows?

Although the Slingerland champagne or pink champagne is pretty common, it tends to bring good money for sets and singles in nice, original condition.

It's hard to say if the same drum in pink sparkle or champagne would bring different amount of money, as rarity doesn't always translate into selling values.

Posted on 16 years ago

Today I saw the new Ludwig drums in PINK Sparkle at Fork's Drum Closet. Let's just say that I almost wet my pants! Most newly made drums don't turn my head or ear much but these were just beautiful. They've issues them with original looking keystone badges... Now all Ludwig has to do is come up with better hardware... Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here