Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

slingerland snare lugs

My dad bought me a slingerland 3 pice drum set about 3 years ago and since then 3 lugs have broken because I did not know the true value of the set and overtightened them. Through identifying the badge on the snare I found it was between 1955 and 1959. the snare is roughly 13 x 6. I researched on the web but couldn't find the name of the lug. It is not a streamline although quite similar. I think it may be a beaver tail but I am not for sure on whether or not they come in single piece lugs. It is a shiny gray but not polished and has 5 ridges on the front. If I need to get a picture up just let me know I just didn't want to go through the trouble if i didn't have to.

Posted on 18 years ago

Hmmm Late 50's 5 ridges, you better send a picture or look at this page

which takes you through the years

Click Here

David

Posted on 18 years ago

ok heres some pics of it. If you could identify the type and/or tell me how and where I could get some that'd be great. I'm not sure if theyre all nessesary but i put a bunch up just in case.

[Attachment: 173]

[Attachment: 174]

[Attachment: 175]

[Attachment: 176]

[Attachment: 177]

Posted on 18 years ago

Yep Streamline Lugs and they come up on Ebay regularly

How many do you need?

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Hey thanks a ton for that. All of the streamlines that I saw on the internet only had 3 ridges. I need four lugs for sure but i figure if I could find a decent deal then I might as well repace them all because theres only 2 that are still in good quality.

Posted on 18 years ago

There are also brand new lugs being made that would get the drum playable while you search for the original ones. These have come on the market recently. Are yours nickel or chrome?

The Chicago drum show is coming up and they will probably have some at the show.

Blair N Drums is also a source for parts.

Post in the wanted section, it is very possible another member has some in the parts bin.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Alright now that I know what to look for I'll be keeping my eyes open. A couple more questions and then I should be taken care of. How much would you say a set of eight should cost? And should i try to find originals of replicas or does it really matter? Theres a replica set of eight out on ebay for $50 and I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Posted on 18 years ago

I'm on the fence with that topic. To me if I can get the drum playable then that is the most important thing. Then I can take my time and find the exact parts I'm looking for.

You can wait months for a set to come up on Ebay and the drum sits out of action etc..

The best thing is if you buy the reproduction lugs you can resell them later.

In the end it is always best to get the drum as original as possible if you are going to try and restore it.

I checked completed auctions and three of your lugs went for $24.99. It really depends on how many people are looking at the exact time.

That is why if the drum is playable your less likely to over spend and be more patient looking.

Usually standard lugs are between $2 and $4. I'm not sure if the repros are "ALL" over the Internet yet.

Ask around a little more for pricing and see if you can beat the $6 each on Ebay

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Alright thanks for all the help. I'll definetly take my time, it is playable right now I have about 3 or 4 diferent lugs along with the originals. I have a new set too that i can just play all I want on. The Slingerland is just a collecters for me so I'll just wait around for some originals to come my way. Thanks again.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here