Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

slingerland snare ID

I am trying to identify a snare I have had for a long time. chrome , 10 lug, 5"x14", black & brass badge w/6 digit serial number. Snares extend beyond shell, with a knurled knob to take slack out of snares. There are strainers on each side with knurled knobs to adjust snare pressure on the head. Finally, there is a rod through the shell that moves the strainers simutaneously when the throwoff is used. I think I bought this drum in 1969, maybe 1970. Can anybody tell me what this is? I sure would like to know.

Posted on 18 years ago

parallel strainer on a slingerland? really? cool. I want to know what this drum is too!

Posted on 18 years ago

This is a 70"s Super Sound King. Parallel strainers. Came in a 5 X 14 or 6 1/2 X 14. 10 lugs, brass shell. They had a problem with the lever side of the strainer getting loose as to not fully release the snares. They dropped this only after a few years.

Posted on 18 years ago

VADRUM you are right on the money about the strainer. That has always been an issue with this drum. Thanks for the info.

Posted on 18 years ago

Hey guys....

There is a Super on eBay as we speak!

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here