Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Slingerland snare ID

Hi, I recently bought this snare , but i don?t know exactly what kind of snare is... they told me that is a nickel over bronze snare, but i suspect that its brass.

However, it has 10 lugs, 5x14 and its from the 70?s (I think).

Sorry for my english Toilet

I appreciate your expertise.

Posted on 16 years ago

I was searching in other sites, and i thik its a Kruppa model brass from the mid 70?s... can somebody help me to confirm that plis? ;)

Posted on 16 years ago

Read these articles to get a better idea of the year.

It should be COB

Here is one from the 60's

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I think the COB has 8 lugs, but mine has 10 and the badge of the cob it?s black gold, and mine it?s black silver...

thank for help!

Posted on 16 years ago

Did you go to the Slingerland information? With the badge and serial number you should be able to get a close year on that drum...

Once you do that, then tell us the year..

The drum at one time in 1978 was called the "Sound King" it had 8 or 10 lugs...

In the 1973 catalog it was called the "Gene Krupa Sound King" and it had 8 or 10 lugs.

The exact same drum just had a different name..

So please tell us the year of the drum based on the articles...

There is no reason to find the info on other web sites, just tell us the information about the drum you have and then we can help you..

Thanks and yours looks like the shell is damaged from steel wool and some big dents on the butt and lugs?

Does a magnet stick to the shell? It should be COB, so it will not stick

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks David!!

Now i understand, with the serial number (435753), it should be close to 1978.

Yes, the snare has a shell damage, but i don?t know what to do about it, this snare is very unusual here in chile and i don?t want to inexperienced hands touch it.

Plus, the sound is amazing, I?ve never listened this sound in brass snares before, don?t want to ruin it.

Thanks again, and sorry for my stupid english again, i?m gonna do the magnet prouf today!

Rodrigo

Posted on 16 years ago

Another stupid question CryBaby

waht means COB?

Thanks again...

Posted on 16 years ago

Click Here for drum terms..

No stupid questions here, just want to get a "Smart" answer, so you are happy...and other people learn as well...

Anyone that works with metal can easily get the shell back into shape... Find someone that repairs brass instruments and ask them if they can do it...

It is a soft metal and should be fixable...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks again david, i?ll search for some good luthier.

now i?m happy with my COB Sound King!! D' Drummer

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here