Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Slingerland Snare Drum Question

I just got this Slingy snare. Can anyone give me any info on what model this one is? I just noticed that hole by the throw :confused: Thanks guys:wave:

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

It looks like a late 70's Krupa Sound King, 6.5 x 14, with a replacement no brand throw off. Probably sounds great, with the deep COB shell, but definitely a player since it has the extra hole in the shell. Play it and enjoy it!

Posted on 15 years ago

So the extra hole was for the original throw arm? Is that a part that I could find pretty easy?

Posted on 15 years ago

Those are unoriginal hoops as well. Probably wouldn't be worth finding the original strainer...since the drum already has an extra hole or two, there isn't a lot of vintage collectible-ness (!?!). I'd clean it up and enjoy it as is. That's probably a brass shell. (It would look cooler with the correct rims and tension rods, but it would be probably just as cheap to get a whole new drum as it would be to replace the parts.

Posted on 15 years ago

All of a sudden I feel like a loser on Antique Roadshow! Cool Dude Thanks for the info man Cool1

Posted on 15 years ago

From Londoner5

All of a sudden I feel like a loser on Antique Roadshow!

If it's a good sounding drum, then you're a winner!

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 15 years ago

From caddywumpus

If it's a good sounding drum, then you're a winner!

No it is. I just have to get it up to speed. As it is it sounds good :)

Posted on 15 years ago

Just did the magnet test on it, it didnt stick. Guess its brass :)

Posted on 15 years ago

Clean it, put a smiley face sticker (have a nice day) over the hole, and play it. It's a very nice snare. That throwoff is a pretty good one. Those hoops will hold that head down just fine. So long as you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it, you will enjoy the heck out of it. Seriously cool snare. COB snares are really neato. Put some R&B on the iPod and groove deep.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

Clean it, put a smiley face sticker (have a nice day) over the hole, and play it. It's a very nice snare. That throwoff is a pretty good one. Those hoops will hold that head down just fine. So long as you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it, you will enjoy the heck out of it. Seriously cool snare. COB snares are really neato. Put some R&B on the iPod and groove deep.

The throw off is actually giving me a little trouble. When its engaged the chains are tight but it has this hollow sounds like they're not tight. But if i have the throw a little disengaged then it sounds like a snare??? I just need to take it to get it fixed.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here