Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Slingerland Shell Interiors-Lacquer or Polyurethane?

Hi Dr. What did Slingerland use for a clear/sealer on the interiors of their Shells during the mid 70's? Was it Lacquer or Polyurethane? How many coats? And was it brushed on or sprayed on? At some point I am going to be reapplying either one of these on the interior of one of my Slingerland snare drums so I just need some info on what I should use. Someone did mention that I should use Krylon clear varnish, but I am not too sure. The interior has been completely stripped, and I am wondering if I should leave it as it is? I do not want the Snare to ring or project like mad, just something to maybe protect the surface of the Wood. Any info would be great. Thanks for your time. Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 18 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]Phil:

A thin layer of clear lacquer was mostly used, but a clear varnish would be just fine.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Dr. Thanks for the info about the lacquer on Slingerland Drums. I just would like to know if I should spray or brush it on when I apply it to the interior of my Slingerland snare? How did Slingerland apply lacquer to the interiors of their drums? Sprayed or Brushed on? Also someone told me that Slingerland used Nitrocellulose Clear Lacquer? Is this correct? Thanks for your time and expertise. Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 18 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]Phil:

Yes, Slingerland used a cellulose base hot lacquer sprayed onto the interiors of their maple shells in the 1970s.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here