Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Slingerland set quote

Hey everyone. I've got this old set of drums that my dad purchased when he was a teenager. It could be anywhere from 1967 up until somewhere in the 70's. It's your standard 5 pc set, with a Black-Diamond Pearl finish, and a metal snare. Someone told me that it was a vintage/antique set and was worth some good coin, but I wanted to ask some people who I felt knew a bit more what they were talking about.

Anyone know what this set is worth?

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, it would be considered vintage. Sizes of the drums would make a difference in price in case they were special order or smaller jazz set.

BDP is not the most favorable color. As to why, I have no idea but most BDP sets bring less then a WMP or sparkle or rare finish of course.

Also condition and originality play a huge factor in that so an original set

in standard configuration could go for between $600 and $800 and a rarer set in special sizes and or colors could go for as much as $1200 or more.

If the snare was a wood version and matched the set probably even more.

I'm not a dealer and a dealer would be able to give you a more accurate price.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

thanks! i appreciate your comment on it!

I think the set is all the standard sizes. The bass drum is a smaller, 14"x20", I don't know if the rest of the drums are smaller or standard, I'll check on that.

Also, I dont' know why it's not as popular either, I love that finish.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here