Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland Set-o-Matic receiver placement

There is a post on Facebook in a Slingerlland forum there about the placement of the tom receiver on the bass drum. One person commented that the placement was wrong to be where this picture of the WMP set shows it to be.

I see nothing wrong with the placement. My 1968 Slingerland set has the exact same positioning of the receiver for the two toms. What's your opinion?

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

The placement of the set-o-matic on the WMP bass drum does not look out of line for a late 60's drum (black/brass badge). In the 70's the location moved more toward the center of the bass. With the introduction of the super set-o-matic in the later 70's the mount was moved further out toward the reso head.

Posted on 2 years ago

Thanks, it's all clear in my head now. I have both a 60's kit and a 70's outfit and the brackets are exactly how you described. You learn something everyday but some extremely valuable info like this doesn't happen everyday. Thanks. :D

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 2 years ago

When you think about it, the old style of clip-on hoop mount for toms placed the mounted tom closer to the player than the rail consolette or early Set-o-Matic mounts. Also note that, drummers who insist on committing the sin of using a snare drum stand for their "MOUNTED" tom, place the tom relatively close to the bass drum's batter hoop.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

From leedybdp

When you think about it, the old style of clip-on hoop mount for toms placed the mounted tom closer to the player than the rail consolette or early Set-o-Matic mounts. Also note that, drummers who insist on committing the sin of using a snare drum stand for their "MOUNTED" tom, place the tom relatively close to the bass drum's batter hoop.

Better a basket than the dreaded Pearl style plumbing.

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here