Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Slingerland Set-O-Matic info needed

I picked up a mint Super Set-O-Matic double tom holder and am using it on my 70s, black/silver badge WMP kit. When did Slingerland transition from the smaller, standard Set-O-Matic double tom hook to this? When they did, was the mounting plate on the bass drum moved to a different spot to accomodate this much larger and heavier mount? Thanks.

70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 14 years ago

Slingerland transitioned from the Set-O-Matic to the "Super" Set-O-Matic mount in 1976. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to your question regarding the location of the mounting plate. However, I'm sure that one of the Slingy experts should be chiming in soon.

Posted on 14 years ago

Rich will know for sure but I think the base plate is the same and in the same location.

Senior Member actually means "Apprentice" :)

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 14 years ago

From OldSchool

Slingerland transitioned from the Set-O-Matic to the "Super" Set-O-Matic mount in 1976. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to your question regarding the location of the mounting plate.

The BD mount is the same, so it is easy to move both SOM types from one type of BD to the other as you did, but they did move the BD mount further back on the BD for the "Super" mount due to its size so you may find the toms too close to you now.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks, I thought that was the case.

70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 14 years ago

The '76 catalog shows the new supersetomatic on an accessories page, but doesn't show it on any sets.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here